ORIGIN OF BLUE WHALE GAME:
This psychopathic game was started and originated in Russia four years ago on a social networking site called VKontakte. It has already claimed over 130 lives in Russia. It allegedly led to its first suicide in 2015. Philipp Budeikin, a psychology student claimed that he invented the game.
The “Blue Whale” challenge isn’t new to the world. There have been more than 100 casualties in Russia where the game is believed to have originated a few years ago. But it is, perhaps, a reflection of the dangerous times the game has a ready audience willing not just to self-destruct but also to kill themselves. Why is a generation becoming an online recluse, readily embracing strangers and getting sucked into a world from where they may or may not escape? We can no longer afford to be mere bystanders.
WHAT’S INSIDE THE GAME?
LIST OF VARIOUS TASK IN GAME
1. Carve with a razor “f57” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to curator.
5. If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. Task with a cipher.
7. Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to curator.
8. Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to curator.
12. Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
13. Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a “whale.”
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don’t talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
30-49. Everyday you wake up at 4:20am, watch horror videos, listen to music that “they” send you, make 1 cut on your body per day, talk “to a whale.”
50. Jump off a high building. Take your life.
SUSPECTED DEATHS :
According to The Sun, investigative newspaper Novaya Gazeta claimed: “We have counted 130 suicides of children that took place between November 2015 to April 2016.
“Almost all these children were members of the same internet groups and lived in good, happy families.”
INDIA THE NEW VICTIM OF ONLINE SUCIDE:
Blue Whale Challenge game, reports suggest that two new cases of deaths have emerged from Kerala because of the game.
Sixteen-year-old Manoj C Manu from Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram had hung himself on July 26. His mother has now told TV channels that he had told her about a game that made him do tasks and even harm himself.
, “He said in the last stage of the game, one should either commit suicide or murder someone. I got scared after hearing it and asked my son not to play the game.”
She tells to media that he would do weird things like watch horror movies all day, and had even jumped into a river even though he did not know how to swim. She said that Manoj had even asked her how she would feel if he died.
This comes close on the heels of the family of 22-year-old Sawant, from Kerala’s Kannur, saying that he hung himself because of the Blue Whale Challenge game.
Reported to Sawant’s mother as saying that after Sawant had slashed his armed the parents had taken him for counselling many times thinking he was depressed.
They said that his behaviour continued to be abnormal. Sawant’s mother said that he was addicted to computer games and would stay up all night to play these games and sleep the entire day.
There have been many suspected cases if Blue Whale Challenge deaths across the country in the last two weeks.
Fourteen-year-old Ankan De of West Bengals West Midnapore hung himself in his home on Saturday morning in what seems to be was a bid to complete the last challenge of this morbid and dangerous game.
Ankan had covered his head with the a plastic bag and had tied a nylon chord around his neck.
Another Class VII student from Indore was saved from jumping off a terrace by his teachers and friends when they saw him walking scarily close to the edge. The police said that the boy tried committing suicide in order to complete the final stage of the dreaded Blue Whale Game.
“Initial investigation suggests that the boy had been playing the Blue Whale game on his father’s cellphone for the last couple of Days”.
Earlier in July, Manpreet Singh, a 14-year-old, jumped to his death in Mumbai few days after telling his friends that he was playing the Blue Whale game.
Media had reported that a neighbour even spotted Singh walking on the ledge of his building’s terrace shooting a selfie moments before jumping off.